call us / whatsapp +90 5511669048

Pricing

The uniqueness of Kenya

The uniqueness of Kenya

Spread the love

The uniqueness of Kenya
Its religion, population, and education

A very important role in Kenyans life is religion. 83% of them are Christian (47% Protestant and 23%  are Roman Catholic). This religion was brought by Europans. For these people, going to church on Sunday is very important. Religious icons and sacred spaces in people’s homes can be seen very often.
The second religion is Islam which has 15% of the population. This religion is most prominent of the eastern, northeastern and the coastal part of the country. It was brought into the country by Arabs.

In Kenya, there is a different population with three groups: Bantus (67%), Nilotes (30%) and the smallest – Cushitic.  These indigenous groups make up 99% of the population and the remaining 1% are Arab, European and Asian. This population growth is one of the highest in the world. The Bantu live mainly in the coastal, central and western regions of Kenya. The Nilotic migrated from Sudan and Egypt and they live in the Rift-Valley region and around Lake Victoria. The smallest group Cushitic migrated from Somalia and Ethiopia and they are located in eastern and northeastern parts of the country.

Until they are five years old children attend nursery school or kindergarten. At age sic, they go to primary school and four years in high school. After the high school, students can join a polytechnic or other technical college and they will study for three years. After that, there is the workforce or they can join the university. 38.5% of the adult population in Kenya is illiterate with the lowest 0.8 percent in North Eastern Province.

Comments

One thought on “The uniqueness of Kenya”
Lea says:

I love that you have written “spread the love”. We are all different but opening up our minds while learning about different cultures is super important.

post a comment

  Any information collected from our users will not be sold, shared, or rented to others.